Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Crazy Drunk kids just out of high school found some light

Hey Family!

Its been a hot week! It makes a big diferense when you wear a collared shirt all day out around the hot sun. Speaking of sun, those were some really cool pictures of the people and stuff holding the sun. I'll have to try that out. I haven't been taking any pictures lately. I need to start doing it more often. My companion and I have been so busy. I feel like we never have enough time to do everything. I think, in the last week and a half we've only been in our appartment before 9pm one time. We've been having a blast!Last night we were walking by some appartments and there were a bunch of people about my age at a pool drinking and smoking having a good time, then they saw us and one of them yelled to us, "hey! want to talk religion?" I said out of instinct, "sure." Just after I said that I thought to myself, that could just be an excuse to fight because a couple of them were pretty hammered, but I went anyways. The guy was totally crazy, but we got a few potential investigators out of it. The guy that yelled to us said, "you get 15 minutes then I get 15 minutes with no interruptions." I said, "cool." No more than 30 seconds had gone by and all of the people (10) that were partying came by to listen to what I was saying and the guy I was talking with said, "man, why you all coming over here to but in and ruin our discussion!?" Then one of his friends said, "hey, we want to hear this too, man! I want to know about God and religion." So, I ended up talk to everyone about God and the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Some people had their own ideas and others were super intent on hearing our message. It was pretty sweet. One of the girls had taken the lessons about 5 years earlier, but after her mom died her family had stopped. She was pretty cool and seemed very out of place with the group she was hanging out with. Another guy looked like he was ready to do anything we wanted him to. He looked as though a light had finally shown in his life to give him direction and cause. It was so cool!Anyway, How are things at home? Seatle with Roger, Hillary, and Sarah looked pretty fun. Seems like all is well with Natalie, Jeff and Micah. Thanks for the pictures! I love to see and hear from my family. Thanks for the e-mail Kyler! It was good to hear from you.

Love ya!-Elder Osness

No comments: