Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Mail!

My Dearest Family,

Wow! Thanks for all the e-mails! It took like a half hour to go through it all. Its really great to hear AND see all the fun you are having. Sorry to say, I don't have any new pictures this time. I promise I'll get back on it and take some cool pictures. We've just been so on the go this last transfer that I just haven't thought of pulling out my camera.With the last week Oklahoma has had some really cool storms. I can't get enough of the storms here! The clouds are super thick and lightning infested. Its way rad! This morning It rained a heavy rain and flooded every street in Norman, so we didn't get our P-day started tell later. We couldn't go anywhere without getting completely soaked...and I don't mean just really really wet, I've been really really wet here, but soaked like I'm walking underwater soaked...I should have taken pictures, but I'm sure Oklahoma isn't done showing me the weather. At about 1:30p.m. the clouds dispersed and all the water dried up. Its crazy! One minute its just cloudy, the next the city is under water, then a few hours go by and its all dried up with sunshine all over town!Missionary work wise, its all the same. Talk to some people, teach some people, people telling us to go away, ext.. There was one girl that was funny. I was talking to her and all the sudden she says, "you can stop talking now. I'm an Athiest." (She's probably agnostic, not many people are truely athiest). So then I offered her a pass-along card for a DVD called Finding Faith in Christ and she said, "it wouldn't do you any good, I'll probably just burn it." cRaZY! But its okay. I talked to another girl a little later and the first thing she said was, "I like your tie." hahaha! She said we could come back another day. There are so many funny people! I love being a missionary! Thanks Roger and Natalie for all the pictures and mail! Its always a light on my day to hear and see how life is with my family. Thanks for sending me an e-mail from Nick too. I don't have much time to write anyone else so we don't here from eachother very often. Oh, that reminds me. There is a guy in the ward here that one a gold medal in the Olympics in the late 90's I think. His name is Sharopov. He's from Russia, Ukraine area somewhere. He's way cool...and a convert. Which reminds me of another thing. The OLYMPICS are soon! Man! That's a bumber, I don't get to see it. They're going to be in China too. That's cool. All well. Let me know if they are going to allow them to put Kung fu/Wushu/Martial Arts in the runnings this year. I know it was a discussion of topic before I left.Anyways, I may be getting transfered to a new area in a couple of weeks. I've been here for 6 months! Wow! I like Norman though. Its a great college town...just like St. George!

So the best way to send a package to me is through the mission office which is
Elder Glenn Osness
416 SW 79th St. Ste 210
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73139-8121
(i-pod, cable, car adapter)
Thanks a bunch! I LOVE MY FAMILY!

Love, Elder Osness

No comments: