Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Moving on...




Family,


PICTURES-(1-A member's home (Siharath) with the Zone Leaders. 2-The last district meeting of the transfer; combination of two districts. 3-My companion and I at the same member's home.)


Transfer calls came in and I'm leaving Norman. Its been an awesome area! Six months in one area is a long time though. I'll miss it, but I'm sure no matter where I'm at, I'll enjoy the time I spend there. I'm going to Edmond 3rd ward. My Birthday is the day after I leave Norman! That's weird. Its supposedly the richest area in the entire mission...Norman 2nd being the second richest. I'm just a high roller, I guess. Oh, and I'll also be senior companion now. I'm excited to help progress the area. I will also be in the same District as one of the missionaries that came out with me. That should be fun. This last week we had one of those experiences, where the person has been waiting and prepared for us. We were riding our bikes and saw someone so, like a good missionary would do, we went to talk to her and she, Suhmayyah, said "why don't you fallow me to the house, its hot out here. You can tell me your whole shpeel there." So we did and ended up teaching her the Restoration of the gospel. She later told us that she had been praying to know where to go or what church to attend because every church she had been to "just wasn't for her and didn't seem right." She was thinking of that question just before we had come to her. We assured her that God answers prayers and he sends his prepared servants. We actually got pretty BOLD with her. She said she had already been baptized and we pretty much told her that her baptism wasn't done by the authority of God...and she accepted the explanation we gave her with ease. I hope this area continues to improve. Thanks for all your support and all the Love! I always love your mail...well my mail, from you. Keep me posted:) p.s. let me know if they are going to allow martial arts in the Olympics in August.


Love, Elder Osness

No comments: