Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Edmond 3rd




Dear Family,


First of all, thanks for all the e-mails and love! I logged on to my account and I had 10 e-mails, all from my family! I always enjoy the mail and hearing what's new. I totally spaced my birthday...and Nancy's. Happy Birthday Nancy! I knew it was coming up, but when it came around, I forgot. I think it was mainly because of transfers. I was transfered to Edmond 3rd ward the day before my birthday and am companioned up with someone that has been out for about 3 months. He just got done with his trainer and I'm his braker. His name is Elder Farnsworth and he's from Eagle Mountain, Utah. There are so many of us from Utah here! Its weird. My new area is so green and hilly! Its a car area and my companion is way too used to the car. His trainer and him only got on their bikes a couple of times...not anymore. Its bike time! Our area stretches out pretty far and its extremely Rural, but we have about four square miles of rich housing developments then its absolutely nothing with a few houses here and there for the rest of our area. I've heard its a tough area, but everybody needs the gospel...even wealthy people. I'm going to try and get the members more involved a little more. From what I've seen they're pretty good members, so it should work. Our ward mission leader is super motivated, so it should be great. I haven't taken any pictures yet, but when I do you'll be surprised at what it looks like. I wasn't expecting to have all these hills. My brakes on my bike are almost completely wore down now...and I've only been here a week.Today we are going to a Masonic Temple for P-day. Its huge! Don't worry, we aren't becoming masons. Its a tourist atraction now and missionaries get in free.The pictures are of my last P-Day in Norman. We went to Oklahoma University Football Stadium and took pictures. It sounds like everyone is full of events. Roger's new Thor coming soon, the Kelsch's shopping spree and dried fruit...which I'm stoked to eat up (Kyler finally got his wii), Nancy's Happy Birthday, the one year stats of Micah, and...hmm Jeff and Heather...you got to see Nick's picture. I guess that could be a cool event:) I couldn't find it on their blog, so its cool enough, I guess.Thanks again for the mail...and the AP's called me to tell me I had a package from the fam...Coolio!


LOVE YA!-Elder Osness

No comments: