Thursday, July 31, 2008

It ain't so bad!

Hey Fam!

Another week gone. My mission is going by so fast! Its so crazy! This week was the hottest week since I've been here...103, but still more tolerable than St. George. Everyone from here keeps on telling me its going to get so hot, just you wait. And I tell them, so far its been just like home or not as bad...except for winter. ewuah! The winters are about the same temperature as home, but with slicing wind...Summer is like St. George with a little more moisture. It makes it nice. I sweat a little more, but its not as hot. St. George Summers are like an oven. Here, they are hot with a little wetness, so even a little breeze feels really good. My short sleeve shirts are stained with sweat from where my bag rests. They're really white except for my shoulders and my back. And my shoes are getting their use. I've already got some holes wore into the bottoms and the soles are begining to separate themselves from the rest of the shoes. Well, enough about weather and my attire.This past week was pretty good. We set a baptismal date with Andres that we can work towards and prepare him for; 16 August 2008. And we a few others that could potentially be baptized soon after. That family I wrote about that we tracted into on the 4th of July. We taught them at a member's home and they keep commitments great. Keiko read Alma 34 and the book of Moroni. I'm not sure how much her husband read or her daughter, but they seem to be moving along great! I'm excited for some events that should be occuring next month in Edmond!So, I heard a little something about Pixar and BYU. My companion told me that they got BYU set up with courses and and programs and everything they need to develope prime employees. I might have to do some good studying when I get home and see what I can do to get in there.

Thanks for all you do for me!

Love Ya!-Elder Osness

No comments: