Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One to church!


Hey family,


the picture is of my old companion, Elder Farnsworth, and I. He didn't get a picture of us together, so he wanted one at the Zone conference we had a couple weeks ago. He's a great missionary!Well, we didn't teach as many lessons as I'd like to have this past week, but an investigator did come to church. It was Keiko. Her husband didn't come or her oldest daughter, but she brought her two younger kids they seemed to enjoy it. Keiko has a pretty strong desire to find out if the church is true and would want to be a part of it, but her husband Tod doesn't want to know if its true and is perfectly comfortable where he's at. Tell you what, when Keiko comes to know the truth and becomes a member, things aren't going to be as comfortable. He placing a small hinderment on her progress though because he doesn't want to do anything more than listen to the missionaries, so church, reading, and prayer doesn't occur as often as it should. She'll find out some day and I hope that will trigger something, so her whole family comes to that same knowledge. Yesterday we got a new investigator. It was co-senior day (once a week my greenie gets an opportunity to lead the area) and we had planned on seeing someone who I don't ever think about going to see because I've never met him the whole time I've been in the area, he's never home and I'm pretty sure he moved, but we went to see him. Now I know why the Lord directed us to that area. A guy was sitting on some apartment stairs, so while my companion is putting on his helmet and getting on his bike I started talking to him. Little did I know he would be interested. I began talking about what I was and why I was here and he said before I could finish, "Well, lets hear it." So, Elder Kleinman and I taught him about the restoration. It was an awesome lesson! Its really great when you meet someone that is really intrigued by our message. When I was talking about "dispensations" and "apostacy" I asked him if he had ever wondered why the bible stops...why there are nomore prophets and revelations and prophecies. His responce was awesome! He said, "yeah, why did it stop? Is there an answer to that question?" We smiled and said yeah and instantly he said, "well, tell me. I want to know. You're leaving me in the dark here, come on." So, we told him about the Great Apostacy and the Restoration (Joseph Smith). We also talked about Jesus Christ coming to America and he asked us why he's never heard this before, so I went back to why we are out here on missions and scheduled a return appointment and are seeing him later this week. He couldn't wait to start reading from the Book of Mormon. He want me to mark the section where Christ came to America, so he could read it after is meeting. Its a good week so far.So, I noticed you've done some work on the house, Jeff and Heather. I wish I could be there for the project. The more and more I'm out here the more and more I want to use my hands and do some real labor. It looks like Sarah is ready to help you paint when you're ready to. She's got some great masterpieces that Roger sent pictures of to me.Well, I love you guys. Make sure I don't miss too much while I'm out here.-Elder Onsess

No comments: