Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Slowly but Surely




Dear family,




This past week we had a few good things happen. One of our investigators we've been seeing lately hasn't been keeping his commitments to read and pray. His interest seemed to be that he wanted to know what our beliefs were and he admired our devotion to the work, so he would let us teach him. Last week we decided to drop by his home and see how he was doing and I asked him if he had been reading and he said, "you know..." (ahh, here it is. He still isn't keeping his commitments). "I've been reading. I want to know." That was pretty cool to see someone take a step to progression. In our last meeting we talked about baptism and he really liked the fact that we do them at an age of accountabilily and not infantcy. His church does and he's very against that because children are not capable of making sin and made clean through the atonement of Christ. I think we'll see him come through, now we just need to get his family listening and coming to church. We were also able to meet with the Wrights, who we haven't been able to teach in three weeks. We just decided to stop by and they asked us if we were going to teach them a lesson, so we did. They are struggling with some of the things we've taught and we've been able to clear most of them. They just can't see the importance of authority and the husband isn't very motivated to church because they have their church to go to, but it will work itself out once a few other things happen...like a testimony. We've got some great investigators, but its taking them a lot longer to progress than I thought. I hope I get to see them make the full commitment to be baptized.Those and the package I received last week made it pretty great! Thanks for all the love you send me! How are things back home, anything new and exciting? The weathers starting to cool down. I bet thats nice. I know I'm loving it here. I just wish it would stay around 70 for the rest of my mission. haha! probably won't happen, tribulation is a requirment.pictures: The District-Elder Remington (District Leader/trainer) Elder Underhill (Remington's greenie) Me (trainer) Elder Kleinman (my greenie) Sister Lolesi (trainer) Sister Reed (Lolesi's greenie)WoW...a really really GREEN district:)




Love ya,Elder Osness

No comments: