Tuesday, June 2, 2009

delays

To My Family,

I talked to President Gee last night and there are some issues at the MTC and all the elders have to stay a while longer, so I won't be getting Elder Jackson for a while. In the mean time Elder Mora and I are doing really good except for a few flat tires and the fact that he leaves this weekend and I probably won't have my companion still...so..uhm..yeah.I'm not sure what will happen. Hopefully something gets figured out so I can still work in this area because we are doing really good and a lot is going on for us.The Adams are doing really good. We didn't get to teach them last week, but they are reading and happy to see us. We stopped in on them yesterday to say hi and they have a change of plans and might be moving this weekend to Tulsa...out of the mission, but good news too; they asked us if they could fill out a referral card so the missionaries could come by when they get in their new place. I'm sure they'll join the church...its just too bad I don't get to see it happen.On the other hand, Dwane is doing even better! He's really taking hold and reading the Book of Mormon and began talking about the persecution that the church receives and mentioned that if he becomes a member he'll be right in there with the rest of us, so he wanted to ask some questions to get some understanding on the rumours people spread about the church. He's awesome!It gets better! Max is very excited to get baptized on the 20th and has been sharing the gospel with friends and on Sunday asked us if he would be able to serve a mission after he's baptized. That's what I like to hear. Things are real good here! Just waiting for my new fresh companion.Mahalo nue loa for the e-mails. Sister Allen is Hawaiian and loves to speak her language to us when we go over and read the Book of Mormon with her. So I've picked up a few phrases.Take care of my new niece...I can't wait to see you all for Christmas!Love ya!

No comments: