Tuesday, June 9, 2009

reunited‏







Dear Family,






The pictures: Elder Kleinman and myself, our district...i'm not sure why it wanted to so bright, and a p-day activity of risk. World domination!hahaha! That game is pretty intense with six players. Well, last week was another good week. On Saturday Elder Kleinman's companion went home for work on his knee. Later in the afternoon, my companion's time was up and time to go home arrived...and I still didn't receive Elder Jackson from the MTC because of the Swine Flu containment and he is still getting work done on his knee from Basketball at the MTC, so Elder Kleinman and I are reunited. After nearly a year since I trained him we are placed as companions again to run Oklahoma City 1st ward and 3rd ward. We have two cars, two apartments, two areas, and two wards...eight hours of church. As a result we had to cancel a lot of appointments though, but its really cool to see his growth and meet the people who's lives he's been influencing for the past five months. Its a little crazy, but fun. President Gee is working on getting us a couple guys to serve mini-missions until he can get us companions again.Last night we taught a part-member family; the Thomas'. Brother Thomas has been going to church regularly and meeting with the missionaries for about a year and is now confident in making a covenant with God to be baptized. He's really humble and sincere. I'm glad I got to be a part of his walk to Christ. He's a lot like Frankie from when I was in Edmond. It was great to teach him.Dwane, in my area, is doing good too and introducing his family to us now too. He doesn't fully understand the importance of what it means to have Christ's church in its fulness here again, but is very open knows he has felt the spirit as we come to teach him, which I'm glad for. He really looks forward to our lessons.Max and Stan on the other hand aren't progressing the way they could...because the don't keep commitments, especially reading from the Book of Mormon. Its so frustrating when you do so much to show them the way and assist them in accomplishing the task and they don't hold up their part. It will work out down the road.Things are great! Oh, and I'll be going to Norman to the Mormom Tabernacle Choir on the 27th! That will be fun. Back to my missionary birth place. Well, Love Ya!-Elder Osness

No comments: