Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shotgun a sister area‏




Dear Family, Well, things here in Norman are pretty great! I got here and realized I haven't really taken any pictures of my return here except one with Elder Baker. Next time I'll try to have more to share. Norman 4th ward is pretty excited to have elders in the ward, so they are very willing to support us. They've had sisters for the past three or four years. I still haven't been able to meet most of our investigators. In fact, I've only tought one of them, but we set a baptism date with her. Her mom recently started wanting to come back to church and her daughter went to girls camp and has been to church a few times, so we talked about how she felt about the things we teach and if she's been reading the Book of Mormon then asked her how she felt about baptism...she felt great and like it was something she wanted to do, so she has a date she is committed to on the 15th of August. Another investigator that I was teaching in Norman 2nd ward over a year ago had moved into this ward boundary just before I had left to Edmond, so I asked around and nobody knew about him and his teaching record wasn't in the area book. I was hoping to be able to teach him because he was preparing to be baptized before he left 2nd ward. On Thursday I was going through a bunch of randome papers of the ward roster, notes, and meeting programs and in the middle was a teaching record of Rudy Dopler..."I found it, I found it! I found the great valley!" Sunday night we went by to see him and he said the sisters stopped coming by a long time ago. He needed to get married and come to church. That was his hold up. He's the assistant manager for Golden Corral so he works a lot and has to fill in for those that don't show, so it makes it hard to come to church, but he does need to step up and he can make it possible to come to church. But, he had some good knews, he got married the begining of the year and has come one time and wants to work towards getting baptized, so we are going to follow-up on his lessons and get him committed to take more action in his efforts to come to church, so he can get baptized.So Elder Baker and I have walked into a great place. Elder Baker is an interesting fellow. He's probably the least outgoing companion I've had,but he is a good elder. Yesterday I kind of gave him a jump start and had him lead...at least as much as he could and he did a really good job. He comes from a big family, the oldest of seven and everyone is home-schooled. He's not very conversational, but knows what to say and do. He just needs a nudge to get him to go from observer to doer. He's a good guy and we'll do a lot of good this transfer.Well, I love you! Hope things are great at home. -Elder Osness

No comments: