Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Follow Me!‏







Dear Family, Pictures: The missionaries in Norman last week on p-day decided to do the FreeBIRD challenge (6lb. borrito in 13 minutes...and its free) too bad nobody won and they all had to eat the cash. Elder Baker and I were a little smarter and decided to eat at home before meeting up with the other elders. The borritos sure looked good, but the missionaries looked disgusting after trying to eat that monster.While tracting we found our next picture of the guard spider. These spiders are pretty large and this one was hangin' around the door of a home. No need for an alarm system this spider will eat you up!And finally my studious companion...sorry none of me. I've got to remember to put myself in these photos too.This past week was nice. We set another baptism date...but he's a little flakey and we will be setting another soon with a great new investigator. Last week we went to visit an investigator I've been struggling with since I came here, Lee is the name. He's great, but just doesn't follow through with half his commitments. A lot of desire, but not a whole lot of will. So, last week we dropped in on him and he blurts out in the middle of the lesson, "I want to join the church." So we said sure and set a baptism date. He's going to be a lot of work to get him to understand the commitment level of being baptized. Half the time we get him a ride for church he's not home when the ride shows up...that's annoying. We'll be working with him...and we'll be working with another who I started working with in Oklahoma City. There was a family that we were asked to visit my last week in the City and we started teaching her unbaptized son, Kaleb. He's really smart and catches on a lot better than Lee does for sure, but he's better than some of the other people we work with too and he's only nine. Well, as you know I left to Norman and what do you know! Last week I got a call from a member of that ward and they filled us in on a move. So, now I'm teaching Kaleb again and this weekend we will be talking about baptism. Lots of great people falling into place here. Throughout my mission I've had maybe 3-4 really promising people to teach among those we taught. Here, we have like 6-7 awesome people that I'm sure will find their way to make that commitment of baptism to God. Its just a matter of time before they find some strong enough answers to their prayers.It definately helps that the ward is always willing to step in and be a part of this work. During the next month we will be focussing a lot on helping families set goals on a family mission plans and that will help continue the success the ward here is seeing. Things are good!Love you family! -Elder Glenn Osness

No comments: