Wednesday, September 30, 2009

a bunch of no shows‏







Dear Family, Pictures:






All the pictures have to do with last weeks P-day adventure to the Museum of Natural History. Its a great museum that the University has. As you can see we had fun in the native oklahoma area with a large canoe and the where's Elder Osness wall of many faces:) Outside there was a steel buffalo, so we took a group picture there. It was a good brief on Oklahoma History and Natural wonders of time.This past week wasn't bad, but we didn't see as much progress with some that had made solid commitments. We had four investigators committed to come to church and none showed, but a good member who hasn't been for a very long time came and brought with him his fiance. After church we talked with him and he said we could come by and practice teach the lessons, so hopefully that will be an opportunity to share what is most important with his fiance and see some lights come on. We had a real great start to the area, but just can't seem to keep it up to a constant. Hopefully in this week we can see some avenues open up.Its transfer week! Elder Baker and I waited patiently for the call last night to see what surprises would come with transfer calls. The news....Elder Baker is leaving me....and I'm training again! Elder Madsen from Mayfield, Utah. There sure are a lot of us from Utah. I'm going to have to start saying I'm from Arizona or something. I can predict the response every time somebody asks us where we are from. "So, where are you from? Utah...Utah... Oh, both from Utah! Wow, they must send all the missionaries from Utah to Oklahoma. We sure do get a lot from Utah." Well, I'm pretty excited! I always get a little nervous before I have to train...hoping I can do a good job and make the transition an enjoyable, fulfilling experience.Well, I love you all! -Elder Glenn Osness

No comments: