Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Talk with Everyone‏







Dear Family,






Pictures: well, I got some for ya. The first is of my shirt that has had enough. Good thing summer is coming to an end because that shirt had holes wearing through every seem. I've got a couple others that should do me in tell it chills out for good. Its crazy that its already starting to turn to fall...ahhh! Well the second is a sign with our missionary bikes. If you notice the sign says something about the fishing...I'm sure they won't mind us...we're fishers of men...ha ha. I know cheesey joke, but I had to. The last picture is one of Oklahoma's notorious thundar storms in action. I figured since I tell you about how awesome the clouds and storms are here, I'd catch it for ya. cool, huh!? Well, this week was a good one, though we have some struggles with a few of those we are teaching. Kaleb should be getting baptized in a couple weeks and its looking great there! Lee is having a lot of family opposition. He wants to pursue his baptism, but I know we have to resolve this huge issue with his family. I've seen opposition in this senario before, but this family is very unsure of our purpose and very upset...not a good situation, but will be resolved.I'd like to share a cool experience and it has to do with talking with everyone, or as we missionaries call it "OYMing." About a week ago we were biking to an appointment and a family was walking home from school, so we stopped to talk a bit and they gave us their information, so we could come by. Well, we came by on our appointment for them...and nobody was there...how typical. So, we kind of put them off and didn't think about them too much, but we had been tracting in the area every couple days and got a few others to say we could come by...so we got more appointments with these people...no shows. Ah, nuts...again! Well, as we were just finishing tracting another street because they fell through, I thought of Victor, the man with his family, walking back from the school, so I figured we were in the area, why not just stop in and see if we can catch him even though he didn't show for his appointment the previous week and it wasn't the right time of day for him (according to the info. we got from him). So we went and knocked. We waited, no answere...then the door opens and a man welcomes us in, but its not Victor. Well it turns out Victor gave us the wrong house number and this man, David, had been going to church with some members in a small town outside of Norman all summer and has grown close to the family and familiar with the church...and thought that they sent us to teach him...well, close...God did...and we will be seeing more of David. Cool, huh?So, talk with everyone and follow the spirit. Love Ya! Thanks for the e-mails. Life sounds good...and is!






-Elder Osness

No comments: