Monday, February 9, 2009

Utah Bubble‏

And more for my Family,

(Well, Happy Birthday to Roger last week and Jeff this week! Time goes by so fast! I hope your birthdays were and are the best!So, a little stress. The subject is pretty interesting. I just had an interview with the mission president and for the first time in my entire mission, I heard about the disobedience of missionaries. Somehow I've been lucky enough to have my Utah Bubble follow me around my entire mission. I have to say, I'm very blessed because its made me very fixed in my mind to be obedient. I never knew there was any other way. I've been exposed to little things here and there, but none that would cause serious issues and those little things to me became the extent of what disobedience was. Just hearing about the things that go on make me sick. I really don't even understand what goes on in some peoples minds.)The things missionaries do out here aren't even considered bad in the slightest in regular life, so I can see that reasoning in their minds, but when on a mission...be on a mission is what should go through the mind of a missionary. Its the same thing when at home. Some still choose to go as far on the wrong side as they can. God gives us boundaries so we can reach our potential. When we break those boundaries, we fall from our potential. They aren't rules to hold us back, but a path to spring us forward. I just doen't understand why many people don't understand that. Its pretty frustrating. What bothers me the most is they don't understand that their choices affect many other peoples lives, even if it seems like nothing. Hopefully, I'm not just rabling to something that doesn't mean anything to you, but that you can take something from it because these kind of issues go beyond the mission, but also the world around us. Live the Gospel! Besides that, my mission is great! And even better to know that I was raised in righteousness both at home and on the mission. Elder Medina and I went to Enid this weekend and helped some struggling elders...not in obedience, but in courage to open their mouths and share the gospel and it went great. I hope I can be a positive light to more of these elders.In our own area we have had some success as well. We set a baptismal date for next month for Karl, who has been an investigator for a couple months and we found a couple new investigators that seem promising. Hopefully we can help Karl quite smoking by March and that he'll be diligent in progress.Well, I love all of you very much, but I've got to go.

-Elder Osness

No comments: