Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Transfer week‏

Dear Family,

It was a pretty good week. We went up to Blackwell on an exchange last weekend and I spent the day with Elder Stoddard. He's a goofy kid and loves bikes. I'm not really sure what else to say about him, but it was good time. Blackwell has a tiny branch and has been there longer than some wards...struggling, but surviving.The most exciting news, for me at least, is our zone is getting some great missionaries this next transfer; Elder Roper, who I served with in Norman and is the hardest working missionary I know and Elder Carlson, who will be a District Leader his last transfer in this Zone. He was just the Assistant and a very good leader. I'm excited to have these inspiring elders in the Stillwater Zone. They're replacing some less-diligent missionaries.Here's something funny. Elder Medina and I were visiting a recent convert and her dog kept on running over to my companion and sitting in his lap and all the sudden it threw up on his pants and into his shoe. I don't know how it got in his shoe, but he had a shoe full of gross...I guess the good knew is none of it got on the front portch...eek! Haha! It was pretty gross, but it cleaned up. Our Edmond success hit a standstill last week. We didn't have any success in Edmond this past week, in fact most of the doors weren't happy with us. One guy told us not to believe in the Book of Mormon and then said make sure you believe in Jesus Christ. We proceded to let him know the Book of Mormon is a Testiment of Jesus Christ and shared a testimony of who Jesus Christ is and he stopped talking and shut the door. Sometimes its pretty frustrating the ignorance people have. Once they realize they've been taught falsely about us they are either shocked and want to hear more or don't say anything and shut us out as though we hadn't said a thing. Someday everyone will know and they'll see. For now life is good and I enjoy all the trips of my life. How are things at home? Good I hope! Happy Birthday to Natalie soon!Time is going by so fast! Every transfer until I go home, I know someone that leaves...its scary. Its going by too fast! Its all in a wink of an eye.

Love ya!-Elder Osness

No comments: