Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just one more holiday...‏

Hey family, It seems like everyday I'm reminded by someone that I'm going home soon. Its really strange to think. Its coming but doesn't seem tangible, which is good. I'm hoping I can see these people I'm teaching make greater commitment to God before I leave. Things are looking great for most, but some are struggling to really take hold and let their testimony grow. We are teaching one whose probably the most spiritual person I've met on my mission. She's from West Africa and is just flourishing with her testimony. She hasn't missed church since she's been and studies and will be sharing this with her friends and family. I'll be gone before I get to see much of that, but its definately a great experience to be a part of the conversion process of not only my own, but others as well. This week we ran into some members of the Restoration Church...interesting. They are a great family and you can tell they live their life the best they can to follow the teachings of Jesus and the Prophets. The Restoration church came from The RLDS church after a revelation on the priesthood that many dissagreed with. After talking with them I've come to know even more that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's true church on the earth in its fulness with our Father in heaven himself leading it. Hopefully with their future experiences with us and the church here their testimony of the living Prophets and Apostles will develope.I love you all and I'll see you...:) I'm off to my last holiday. I've never experienced such a wide variety of turkey. Love Ya! -Elder Osness

No comments: