Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Yo Adrian!


Dearest Family,
I don't have any new pictures of me for this last week, but the clouds here are still cool!Last week was a little sketchy with getting sittuated in a member's home (the Bray's), but its really nice and has been pretty enjoyable to be in the comforts their basement. Next week we'll probably be moving into a new appartment, which will be a sad change. We've been living pretty comfortably for the last week.So, the new happening events in the work...well, we found a great person to teach! Her name is Adrian. The way she explained her name was by refering to Rocky. "Yo Adrian!" haha! She came to the door and was, surprisingly, happy to see us. We talked to her for a few minutes at her doorstep and gave her a Book of Mormon, left her a commitment to read and pray about it and she looked at it and said "Okay, I could probably have it read in a couple weeks." WOW! We asked if we could come by and see how the reading was going and teach her some more of our message and scheduled an appointment. She was pretty cool. Besides that we had a few dropped appointments from other investigators, but rescheduled for this week, so its really good out here.My greenie companion had his first bash with a guy last night, which went nowhere. I could barely get a word in, he was so into proving this guys questions. It was kind of difficult, but he won't be bashing anymore. I'm really enjoying my mission!So, I hear Spencer is off to basic training. That will be cool to hear how things are going with him! What else is new in the lives of our family. I haven't heard from very many of you lately...except for Roger's diligent e-mails. I can just picture Sarah standing there with her arms out waiting to help. I love my family!
Thanks for all your love and support. Love you all!

No comments: