Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Time is Coming‏







Hello Family,






Well, its December...that's exciting! So, my pictures are of the moon and a couple of stars. It was cool, so I took a picture of it. The other two are of our awesome Christmas tree that a member gave to us yesterday. Just thought I'd start off the month with the seasonal feeling.The Thanksgiving week was pretty good. The Parry family fed us for Thanksgiving and they are also the family that gave us the Christmas tree. They moved into the ward just a few weeks after I had gotten transfered here, so I've gotten to know them pretty well. They're a very missionary minded family, so they're always making sure we're taken care of. Frankie is still good for his baptism this Saturday and it looks like his wife has started to come around. Maybe all she needs to get her going a little faster is Frankie's baptism. Its exciting! Hopefully the rest of the family will get baptized next transfer...and hopefully I'll get to be here for it, but we'll see. I got transfered here just before my birthday, so if I get transfered next week, it will be a couple weeks before Christmas. It would be nice to be in a familiar place for the holidays.This past weekend I got sick, so the effectivness of missionary work over Thanksgiving weekend didn't go very far, but still a good week. The bishop called me Sunday morning and mentioned that a speaker had fallen through, so I'm thinking he's going to ask if I would speak, but he didn't. Instead he aked me to bear my testimony for the ward because I had been there so long and a transfer is coming up. He's a really good bishop. I've been blessed with great people in my life and on my mission...great members and companions. Life's been great!I love hearing from you!...and love you too!:)

No comments: