Tuesday, April 21, 2009

soon to be calm waters‏


Dear Family, Sorry Mom, I didn't write a letter last week, but you'll understand I haven't had a p-day really in the past two weeks, but things are coming back to normal, so I'll be back on my regular schedule. Things aren't quite calm in the missionary world yet, but its getting there. I'm now in my new area, Oklahoma City 1st Ward. Its a really good area. I'll miss Guthrie and the Stillwater Zone, but its time to do some good somewhere else. I'm with Elder McKinzie and he's awesome! He's been out six weeks, but works like he's been out plenty of time. His trainer is now the Assistant, so he was trained very well and its been a very good week. I met my district on Wednesday and they are all pretty great. I'm really excited for my new call as a District Leader for this district. I'm really close to my trainee as well. He's the District Leader in the next District over, so I see him and his trainee every Sunday and P-Day. Its a very nice stress relief after all the stuff from the past two weeks of sick and emergency exchanging.I OKC 1st we have another awesome Bishop and Ward Mission Leader and from my understanding the ward is just coming around to really assist us, the missionaries, in the work. President Gee is giving me another blessing area it seems like. I've been really lucky my whole mission, to have good companions, and good areas. We have a few people we are working with and hoping to set baptism dates with and there are a lot of part-member families in this ward...and about 2/3 of the ward is less-active, so I'm going to take Roger's advise and get to know everyone of the ward roster. Its working well so far. My companion and I still don't know the area real well, so we haven't gotten too far down the list, but its moving along.I probably need to get headed. Today we don't have too much time because we spent most of the day cleaning the apartment and we have a few appointments in the evening, so I've still got a lot to finish before our p-day ends. Love Ya! -Elder Osness

No comments: