Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A nice relief‏




Dear Family,




(I accidently deleted my e-mail...so here it goes again...ough) I had a pretty good week. We taught a family Sunday morning who, I wasn't sure how well it would follow through, but turned out great! They had some history that was cool to hear. They moved to Oklahoma in 2002 from Utah and had taken the discussions there, but never joined the church. Although many family members did, they didn't feel that desire. As we talked, we shared mainly about the family importance and the Book of Mormons purpose. At first they didn't seem so promising, but as we taught that soon changed. We invited them to go to church with us in the afternoon and they agreed. A lot of times people agree to come, but never commit themselves, well not the Adams. They walked throught the church doors 15 minutes early! It was really good to see them there. And even more good news. five less-actives we've been seeing also came. It was a really good turnout! Things are really good! Transfers are this week...and I'm staying here in OKC 1st Ward, but my companion is headed out and I'll be getting a new missionary. I'll be training Elder Jackson from Manti, Utah! I'm pretty excited! Training has been my favorite thing to do in leadership in the mission. He hurt his leg in the MTC, so won't be coming right away, so I will have a missionary who is leaving this transfer, but is going to stay out another week with me until I get Elder Jackson.The relief part of this message is I will no longer be a District Leader anymore and simply work in my area and train. I feel like I'm forgeting something, but I can't think of what it is and I'm running out of time so...Love Ya!




-Elder Osness

No comments: