Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Went to Enid‏

Oh Family,

Well, the past week was good. We went on an exchange in Enid. Early in my mission, in Norman, I received an e-mail from someone that lives there that knows Hillary, but I can't write back via e-mail, so I never replied to the family...and I forgot their name, so I didn't ask about them, but it was still cool to go up there. Its a bigger city than I thought. It was a cool place and they have some good investigators there. The Elders I went on an exchange with were spanish speaking, Elders Barney and Dallin, but we went and taught a lesson to an investigator that speaks english, so I got to participate. We also ran into a former investigator that asked us if we could show him how to tie a tie...he didn't speak english. Elder Barney came out the same time I did, so its been interesting to see the developement the other elders that came out the same time as me have had. Elder Dallin is a strong elder. He was trained by two of my favorite missionaries. I learned a lot from both and both of them wore on to him, so it was cool to see the personalities and works of both of them in one elder. We finished teaching Cameron and he's all set for his baptismal interview and baptism on Saturday. Its great! We almost had a joint baptism because he goes to school with a girl, who is the daughter of Frankie, who was baptized in Edmond 3rd just before I got transfered and she wants to be baptized too, but something came up, so its not going to work out that way.Well, Life is great...and a little bit cold. But its all good because I love my family...the end. -Elder Osness

No comments: