Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My first Ice Storm‏

My Dear Family,

So, the past few days have been very icey, but not near the disaster Oklahoma had last year, but we did experience some ice. Monday was the beginings of the ice and we went out and worked as much as we could. It was actually quite a productive day even with the sheet of ice that covered our clothes as we walked the streets of Guthrie. It was really cool because the ice would just appear all the sudden on our coats and every movement the ice would crack. It was way cool! Yesterday, on the other hand was cool to look at, but not the greatest to be in. everything was closed and the land...not just roads, but all the earth had a layer of ice and some snow on top. "Danger Will Robinson, Danger!" Not the coolest, but very cold. Today's good though. The sun came out and everything is in melting mode and this weekend is suppose to be nice...O'right! ...lets back track a little...Last week was transfers and I got my new companion, Elder Medina. He's have mexican and from Surprise, Arizona (Phoenix area). He came out six weeks before me and was trained and gone from Norman before I got there. We started right by eachother and never knew it. He's a good companion. On the way back from transfers it took a little bit of time because I hadn't driven that drive before and I haven't been to transfers but a few wee times on my mission...and I was the only one who knew the way home, but we made it safely and hit the ground running. We're doing really well and hopefully we can direct this zone to a new level. Things are going well. Sorry you're missing out on all these pictures...I'll get some to you as soon as I can. This small town, just won't cut it for the pics.

Love ya!-Elder Osness

No comments: